The Office of Faculty Affairs goal is to support the development of faculty throughout their careers to help them achieve success. Our focus on enriching a culture of inclusion, pioneering research and clinical excellence is fundamental in accomplishing Wayne State University School of Medicines mission. The Office of Faculty Affairs provides seminars, workshops, individual consultations and links to numerous internal and external resources.
Office of the Provost Professional Development
The Office of the Provost offers throughout the year various workshops and seminars for faculty. You can find more information on the Office of the Provost Professional Development page.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
Wayne State is now an institutionalmember of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. The membership provides all faculty, postdocs and graduate students with access to NCFDD's member resources.
Members have access to the following resources at no cost:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving and moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals and readings
Visit www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join to become a member. Follow instructions on how to sign up. Once you complete the registration process and receive a welcome email from NCFDD, you can register for an upcoming training and webinars.