Teaching data for three years is requested. Document teaching for each year on a separate grid. In addition to documenting teaching at Wayne State University, you may include teaching at other institutions.
List types of teaching activities in the teaching grid according to effort, from most to least. Consider the following categories:
- Small-group interactive instruction
- Clinical bedside instruction
- Clinical procedure instruction
- Clinical ambulatory instruction
- Laboratory precepting
- Online instruction
- Mentoring/advising (Indicate number of mentees and time commitment for each: medical students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty, others)
- Essays/Theses/Dissertations directed
- List students by name, level, title of project.
- Visiting Professor/Lecturer (e.g., invited short courses or lectures plus interactions with students/trainees)
The last column of the grid should include summary evaluation data or other evaluative or outcome data. Do not submit actual teaching evaluations with your grid, but include meaningful comments from learner evaluations as instructed at the bottom of the grid.
Next, describe your activities in curriculum development and administration of teaching, such as:
- Course/curriculum development and instructional design/development
- Departmental or school educational administration
- Educational committees or task forces (local, regional, national/international)