Selective Salary Program (AAUP-AFT), Articles XII
Faculty and Academic Staff
The participation in the annual Selective-Salary Review process is mandated by the AAUP-AFT contract. Its two-fold purpose is to identify and reward good performance, and to provide support and mentoring when the faculty or academic staff member falls short of expectations in research, teaching, and/or administrative/University service.
- For Academic Staff, this consists of a brief statement from the department salary committee, an updated Professional Record/CV, an Activity Summary highlighting key contributions for the last three years, and summary of current activities with expected results.
- For Faculty, this consists of an updated Curriculum Vitae, an Activity Summary highlighting key contributions for the last three years, a summary of current activities with expected results, and teaching grids, with evaluation data, for the past three years
- University Evaluation and Salary Adjustment Program for Represented Faculty Memo (January 2017)**
- AAUP Checklist*
- Annual Activity Summary Form* (Provide separate summary form for each of the 3 years for Selective Salary)
- Teaching Grid (Provide separate grid for each of the 3 years for Selective Salary)
- Template for Faculty Salary Committee Statement
*Forms and documents are used for Academic Staff and Faculty members.
**2017 Materials will be provided when released by the University.